I guess you can say beauty is a continuous evolution. Women have been experimenting in diverse ways to express their beauty through modifications and body enhancement for ages!
One can say lash extensions are a relatively new trend, but they’ve been around for thousands of years. In fact, the earliest known record of lash extensions was found in Egypt, where women would wear fake lashes made from human hair.
Lash extensions are still used today by many people across the world. They can be applied by a professional or at home using adhesive or glue.
Lash extensions! They’re a beauty staple, and they’ve been around for decades. But what are they, exactly? What’s their history? And how did they get to be so popular?
In this article, we’ll answer all of those questions and more! Lash extensions are made from synthetic fibers that are applied to your natural lashes. They’re used to lengthen and add volume to your natural lashes without the use of mascara. The process takes about two hours in total.
What Are Lash Extensions?
Lash extensions are a type of semi-permanent makeup that involves applying synthetic fibers to your natural lashes.
Lash extensions are a popular way of lengthening your eyelashes. They’re also known as false eyelashes, faux lashes, and (less commonly) clip-on lashes.
This procedure is meant to give you longer, fuller eyelashes without the use of mascara or other makeup products.
The History Of Lash Extensions
According to studies, it is said that the history of eyelash extensions dates back to 2500 BC. The Egyptians made use of ointments and soft brushes to achieve a fluttery lash look.
Different studies have come up with different theories about the history of lash extensions. We will explore all, but all the research summarizes that eyelash extensions have been around for a long time and it is here to stay!
Back in the 1800s, a lot of people experimented with eyelashes made of human hair and lashes to apply to their natural lashes with glue. In 1899, it is reported that some women went as far as having lashes implanted into their eyelids with a needle! Not minding the fact that they are at risk of infections.
Then in 1902, Karl Nessler, a German-born English hairdresser, barber, and inventor became famous for implementing the first salon ‘permanent wave’ which created a process for weaving and making artificial eyelashes
A few years later, Anna Taylor, an inventor from Canada developed the first patented eyelashes by using a fold of fabric materials with tiny hairs attached to them.
Another study suggests that lash extensions were first introduced in the 1960s by a French actress named Brigitte Bardot. She was looking for a way to keep her lashes long after she took her makeup off at night, so she had them glued on every night before bed.
She soon realized that she loved them so much that she wore them every day! She even got them removed during filming because they would get in the way of her makeup application or ruin scenes if they fell off during filming.
After this initial introduction of lash extensions, celebrities like Elton John and Cher have used them for decades now—and with good reason: these gorgeous enhancements can give you an instant “wow” factor without having to wear heavy makeup or deal with smudged mascara.
Why Did Eyelash Become Popular?
Through the help of Hollywood, these eyelash extensions gained more popularity, and beauty industries soon began to take notice and started trying out various lash extensions applications techniques.
Different beauty companies began to specialize in producing lash extensions. Eyelure is one of the first known company to manufacture false eyelashes. Every woman was exploring products to make their eyelashes more beautiful.
In 1968, false eyelashes had become a booming business in America. Examples of popular brands include Elizabeth Arden and Max Factor.
Aside from all these, extensions are popular because they make your eyes look bigger and brighter. They also give you an extra boost of confidence when you’re feeling down or tired—and that’s something we can all use once in a while.
What Are The Benefits Of Wearing Eyelash Extensions?
Have you ever been to a party or a gathering and wondered why everyone looks so amazing?
It’s not just because you’re looking at them through the haze of a few drinks—it’s because they have really long eyelashes! And you know what? You can have those same lashes too.
Lash extensions are a great way to make your eyes stand out, whether it’s an event or just a Saturday night date with your partner. They’re also great for people who have trouble wearing mascara because of sensitive eyes or allergies—you don’t have to worry about all that extra gunk getting in there and causing irritation.
You should try lash extensions if:
- You want longer, fuller eyelashes without the hassle of applying mascara every day
- You love going to parties but hate having raccoon eyes by the end of it all
- You want more confidence in public spaces because you know people will be looking at your face instead of yours
- Having lash extensions on has a way of making you look different and radiant. it can be worn as the only makeup or cosmetic application and you will still look great. With eyelash extensions. You will always look good all day.
- It gives your eyelash volume and length adding beauty to your look and making you look younger. It enhances your natural beauty without makeup
- It saves you a lot of time when you have to get ready for work or an occasion.
- Wearing eyelash extensions does not damage your natural eyelashes, unlike other beauty procedures.
- Lash extensions can help you achieve that wide-eyed look that everyone wants. They’ll make your eyes seem brighter and more alert, which will make you feel more confident about yourself.
How to Apply Eyelash Extensions
If you want to start wearing eyelash extensions, here’s how to apply them.
1. Make sure your eyelashes are clean and free of clumps and make-up. Use a cotton ball dipped in acetone (nail polish remover) to remove any mascara or eye shadow residue that might be on the lashes.
2. You’ll need to trim the lashes before applying them, so create a straight line about 1/4 inch above where you want your eyelashes to end (the location will depend on how long you want your lashes).
Using scissors, snip off any excess length from each individual lash so it is as close as possible to this mark without going over it when attaching each lash extension onto your real lashes—this will ensure that there is no gap between the two layers of lashes when finished applying all of them together!
3. While still holding one lash extension strip up against where you want it attached for reference (so it doesn’t fall off), use tweezers to carefully place one end into its designated spot on your natural lash.
How to Safely Remove Eyelash Extensions
Removing your eyelash extensions is a pretty straightforward and easy process but it’s important to do it correctly. You can do it in the comfort of your own home.
Here are some tips to help you get the job done right:
- Before you begin, make sure that you have all of the supplies you need. You’ll want to make sure you have some oil-free makeup remover wipes and some cotton balls handy.
- Next, remove any mascara or other makeup that may be on your eyelashes. This will help make visible the adhesion point to make removing them easier.
- Pour a small amount of oil-free makeup remover onto a cotton pad and gently rub it over each lash extension until they loosen up and come off easily (this may take several minutes).
If any residue remains on your natural lashes, use a Q-tip dipped in warm water to remove it gently from the root upwards towards the tip of the lash line—just be sure not to get any water in your eyes while doing so!
- Once all of your lash extensions have been removed, wash out any glue residue from underneath your natural lashes using warm water and soap.
Tips to have Long-Lasting Lash Extensions
If you’re looking for tips to get long-lasting eyelash extensions, we have a few tips for you.
First, always make sure to remove your makeup before getting your eyelashes done. Any leftover mascara or eyeliner can clog the glue and cause damage to your natural lashes.
Make sure that you keep up with aftercare instructions. We recommend washing your face with warm water and cotton pads at least twice a day. If you find that your lashes aren’t as shiny as they were when they were first applied, try using an oil-free moisturizer on top of daily makeup remover.
The most important thing to remember is that lash extensions are only meant to be worn temporarily—they are not permanent. They will come off eventually but can stay longer if cared for properly.
How to care for your eyelash extensions
While it’s true that getting eyelash extensions can be a bit of an investment, the investment is well worth it. Not only do they last for up to three months, but they look gorgeous and make you feel like a million bucks!
But even with all of their benefits, there are still some things you need to know about caring for your lashes so that they last as long as possible. Here are some tips:
1. Keep them clean. If you don’t wash your face every day, try using an oil-free makeup remover at least once a week to get rid of excess oil and dirt on your lashes. This will keep them looking healthy and shiny while preventing breakage and thinning.
2. Avoid tugging at them. When removing makeup, use an oil-free makeup remover if necessary—but don’t pull on your lashes in order to remove any residual product from them! This is one of the most common ways that people end up damaging their extensions before they even have time to grow out completely.
3. Don’t use tape or glue on them until six weeks after installation (or sooner if your eyes become irritated). These can damage both your natural lash.
There are many reasons why you should consider getting a pair of eyelash extensions. These extensions help you in your appearance and are often a useful tool in boosting your confidence level.
Do lash extensions ruin your natural lashes?
No. eyelash extensions do not ruin your natural eyelashes when applied properly.
Do you wear mascara with eyelash extensions?
Yes. You can wear mascara with eyelash extensions though this cannot be done with Volume lashes, only with classic lashes.
How much do eyelash extensions cost?
The cost of lash extensions varies from salon to salon but is within the range of $120 to $300.
How much is a lash lift?
The price varies with your location. The price range is between $75 to $170.
Can you tint lashes with extensions?
Your natural eyelashes can be tinted before you get an extension. However, it is not recommended to have a tint with lash extensions.
Is eyelash lift painful?
No. they are not painful.
Why do my lash extensions only last a week?
This can happen when fewer extensions are applied than needed.
Can I put mascara on a lash lift?
Yes. You can wear mascara and makeup on a lash lift but avoid waterproof products.
What is a lash lift?
A lash lift is a natural, semi-permanent beauty procedure that gives you a look of a thicker and fuller eyebrow without the use of extensions, glue, or chemicals. It is done by boosting your natural lashes from the root giving them a lengthened and lifted appearance.
How long does it take to get your lashes done?
For a full set, it takes approximately two hours.