Spoolie brushes are a hidden gem that can be used for brow grooming. Even if you were unfamiliar with the device, you most likely utilized it as an application technique. Keeping the spoolie clean may be as simple as wiping it between your hands with soap or shampoo or using a paper towel to remove clumps regularly.
In this article, we will be highlighting how to effectively clean the spoolie, the most crucial but little-known cosmetic tool.
Best Ways to clean a spoolie/mascara wand: Easy Guide
- Step One: When you’re through with your mascara wand, wipe it off with a paper towel. It takes a few seconds, but it ensures that the instrument is cleaned regularly.
- Step two: Dip it in hot water, ideally with make-up remover, whenever you discover any little or large clumps on the wand.
- Step three: The surplus cosmetic items on the mascara wand are easily removed using hot water.
- Step four: At least once a week, clean the wand with running water and ordinary soap or shampoo.
- Step five: Fill a glass with warm water and soak the mascara brush in it for at least 10 to 15 minutes every two weeks to thoroughly clean the mascara wand.
- Step six: Fill your palm with a drop of shampoo and gently massage your hands together.
- Step seven: To help with the movements, you can use your fingers. Rinse the wand with warm water again and set it aside for the night.
Although the tiny synthetic hairs do not fit into the same circular cleaning approach as a typical brush, cleaning a spoolie is simple. Depending on how frequently you use them, cleaning your spoolies should be done once a week or every other week.
Consider your spoolies an investment in your makeup-loving future with frequent cleaning and upkeep. According to Temple, they may lose a few bristles over time, which is a warning that you should toss them away, but it’s a relatively inexpensive cosmetic cost.
Can you clean a spoolie?
Spoolie Brushes are a hidden maquillage tool that can be utilized to brush your brows in epic dimensions from the fading mascara with ease.
If you are using mascara, brow gel, or a single spooly, they all need to be cleaned now and again, just like any other make-up equipment. Keep reading, and we’ll show you how to accomplish it.
A spoolie brush is a mascara wand with a more oversized handle and soft strands. If you use your spoolie brush frequently, you should clean it properly. Whether it’s smeared with mascara or brow gel, cleaning it couldn’t be simpler.
Sometimes, if you are unaware of the tool, you have most likely used it. It’s a good idea to keep a few extras on hand if you need to clean your make-up. The tiny synthetic hairs aren’t appropriate for the same circular cleaning approach as a regular make-up brush, but it’s a quick and easy operation.
How to clean a spoolie top 7 ways – A Step By Step Guide + Watch Video
1. Remove clumps from your spoolie with a towel.
You probably won’t need to clean your brush if you do the essential maintenance. Once a week, check your meeting for dried Mascara Clumps. In a paper towel, gather the braids, fold them carefully, and wriggle them forth and back. The braids are also broken down, and the clumps are released.
2. Using hot water, swab the dried mascara off your spoolie
Fill a cup halfway with boiling water and submerge your spoolie for five minutes. The water is hazy, grey, or dark, and the brush is designed to remove mascara clumps. Pour the dirty water and reuse the cup to keep your meeting clean. If your mascara is waterproof or water-resistant, use a cup of make-up remover instead of water.
3. Put it all together and execute
The little spiral brush known as a “spoolie” is used to clean your gloves, apply mascara and brow gel. Spoolies can be bought separately or in a set with a brow, separated pinches, and exfoliated lips. You should purify it! Every two weeks, it’s ideal. Once a month, switch things up.
Step by step guide:
- Step 1: Rinse the spool with warm water.
- Step 2: Soap (again, lash cleanser is delicate)
- Step 3: Using your fingertips, rub the soap.
- Step 4: Rinse and repeat until the residue is gone and the water and hair run smoothly.
4. Use this method to clean your synthetic spoolie
To disinfect and eliminate product accumulation from synthetic spoolies, all you need is a piece of paper and a brush-cleaning agent. On the spot, try out the NYX Professional Brush Cleaner. Thoroughly clean your brush by applying the product straight on the paper towel on the spoolie. After that, let it dry overnight before using it again.
5. Use natural bristles to clean your spoolie.
When your brush is composed of boar hair or bristles, we recommend using an alcohol-free brush wash like Sigma SigMagic Brushampoo Liquid Brush & Sponge Cleaning.
- Step 1: Place a tiny bit of shampoo in your palm and run it underwater.
- Step 2: Continue to run your spoolie across your palm.
- Step 3: Once the spoolie has been wet, properly rinse it under running water until the suds are gone.
- Step 4: Air dries the cloth and the bowl overnight.
6. Using cold water, wet your spoolie brush
Apply some brush shampoo to the bristles. Rub the brush with your fingers in tiny circles until the make-up begins to lift. Wash the soap off and roll the spoolie in towels before drying it in a cup; brush side up.
7. Use a cotton swab to clean the spoolie in the tube.
The small plastic grip on your wing can have a bunk on the side of your mascara pipe. Put the threaded handle section on the bottom of the cotton swab, which tweaks and sticks to the mascara tube. To begin, wet the swab with some water. The tube will not be clogged with fibers.
Tips: Spoolie hacks
- Lashes should be separated: Few things are more frustrating than nearly completing a flawless eye make-up look only to have it ruined by clumpy, over-applied mascara. You don’t have to be concerned; a spoolie brush can help! Gently comb your lashes with a clean spoolie, removing any excess mascara. So, what was the outcome? Perfectly coated and separated lashes fit for any eye look.
- Enhance your false lashes: Would you not want to spend a lot of money on a pair of pricey, realistic-looking false lashes but yet don’t want to be caught wearing a team that looks fake? Allow a spoolie to assist you. Purchase that cheap pair of falsies you’ve been coveting and use a clean spoolie to sweep the hairs back and forth horizontally. The individual lash hairs will be separated, giving the lash strip a fluffier, wispier, and more voluminous impression.
- Your lips should be exfoliated: You probably didn’t see this one coming. Skincare routine is more important now more than ever. The accumulation of dead skin can cause an unpleasant appearance, as well as wreak havoc on your lipstick application. Dip a clean spoolie in warm water before brushing it back and forth over your pout for a quick, gentle lip exfoliating approach to a pinch.
What is a spoolie?
It’s an eyebrow grooming gadget that looks like a brush. It usually comes with a double-ended brush and beauty supplies such as eyebrow gels.
Although it resembles a mascara wand, it differs in having soft bristles and a tapered head. The end product is primarily synthetic, although it can also be composed of plastic or nylon.
They’re best for liquid and cream-based cosmetics that don’t soak into the bristles but stay on the skin longer.
A spoolie is the ultimate Mr. Fix-It for your face, and it may assist you with more maquillage issues than you might expect. It may also help you in mastering simple maquillage techniques such as mascara and brow plucking.
Consider a mascara wand that isn’t filled with mascara. Do you understand now? A spoolie brush is just that. Spoolies are a standard tool that you’ve probably seen before without even recognizing it.
When you purchase eyebrow make-up, a spoolie is frequently included. Brow pencils with spoolies on the other end and brow pomades and gels with their double-ended brush with a spoolie on one side and an angled brush on the other are available.
What is the purpose of the spoolie? If they arrive with that many things, it must be essential! To comb through, blend, and shape your brows, use a spoolie brush. Even if you can fill in your brows without one, a few strokes with a spoolie may help you achieve fashionable styles like brushed up brows and make them seem more natural.
The purpose of a spool brush is to scratch, blend, and shape your brows. While you can fill your brows without them, a few spoolie strokes can help you achieve a trendy appearance like brushed-up brows by naturalizing your brows. It’s just as crucial to clean your spoolies as it is to use them.
Perhaps it’s because you’re ready to use them, but you don’t want to use damp brushes and aren’t prepared to clean your beauty tools. So make sure to clean them on a regular basis. This will be your priority after understanding why cleaning tools are crucial. To learn how to clean make-up brushes, read the entire article.